SUBLEAGUE.COM is the home of the Submission Wrestling League (Sub League®), Oregon Open Jiu Jitsu Championship®, and Ground Warrior Submission Challenge®. Since 2005, these Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and submission-only tournaments have been offering the Northwest’s increasing number of elite athletes the opportunity to compete locally in this great sport.
Over the past 16 years, we have run more than 75 BJJ tournaments in the Portland and Salem areas. Our staff and volunteers consist of local Brazilian Jiu Jitsu experts and enthusiasts who share a passion for the sport and spirit for competition.
You may have noticed our motto – Live It: Compete. What does it mean? It means you (the Jiu Jitsu athlete) push yourself, strive to constantly learn more and grow your game, endure the fatigue, and wear the proof of your hard work and tenacity. Don’t stop there. Take it to the next level, the pinnacle, the reason you train so hard. Compete.
Don’t miss the opportunity to compete right here in the Northwest – join us at our next event. Win, lose, or draw, you won’t regret it.
No. Competitor registration closes at 11:59 p.m. the Sunday before the event. All registrations must be completed by then to allow enough time for corrections and bracketing.
Registered competitors can update their information online up until 8 p.m. on Monday before the tournament by following these instructions:
- If you haven’t already, claim your RegFox account: At the bottom of your Registration Confirmation email, click on the “Set Up Account Now” link. Next, click on “Claim My Account”. Once submitted, you will be emailed the link to activate your account. You will only have to do this once.
- Login to your RegFox account.
- Select Registrations.
- Select the event, then click Edit for the registrant you want to make changes for.
Note: The Edit feature will only be available until 9 p.m. on Tuesday before the tournament. After that time, you can only view your registration.
Need help? Visit the RegFox Registrant Guide.
Weigh-ins will take place in the bullpen just prior to competing. Competitors should allow time to check in and warm up before their scheduled bullpen time. We recommend arriving at least one hour before bullpen time.
Yes. Gi division weights take into account your gi. The gi (in its entirety) needs to be worn during weigh-ins. Same with no-gi attire.
Yes. Again, please check the tournament schedule to know what time you need to report to the bullpen.
No. Competitors will have only one opportunity to make weight. If you do not make weight, you will be disqualified. Disqualification is non-refundable. It is the athlete’s responsibility to make the weight that they reported on their registration. If in doubt, shoot high and play it safe.
We reserve the right to subdivide or combine divisions, weight classes, or age classes to provide matches to participants. If you are the only competitor in your division when pools are formed, we will attempt to combine you with the closest division based on size and skill. For example: Men’s Master 2 (40+) divisions with only one competitor will be combined the Men’s Master 1 division (based on size and skill).
All competitors under age 18 must be accompanied by a parent, guardian, or authorized coach. Furthermore, all participants under 18 years of age must have a parent or guardian complete and sign the Competitor Release Form during online registration.
No. Youth divisions (ages 5-12) are co-ed, but after age 13, male and female athletes compete in separate divisions.
Yes – but only with parent and coach recommendation and permission.
Yes. You may transfer your registration to another eligible athlete, up until 8:00 p.m. the Monday before the event, in the case of an unexpected illness or injury. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions.
All cancellation requests must be emailed to email@example.com.
- Requests received before registration closes on Sunday before the event are eligible for your choice of either a full refund or credit to a future subleague.com event.
- Requests received by 11:59 pm on Monday before the event due to injury or illness are eligible for a credit to a future event.
- Note that your cancellation will likely affect other competitors’ travel plans, weight cutting decisions, and even coach and extended family travel plans. Therefore, no refunds or credits are available for last minute cancellation requests received after 11:59 pm on Monday before the event.